Sunday, May 06, 2012

Black Tie Cinco de Mayo

I never celebrated Cinco de Mayo before I moved here, but I do enjoy the food! I know that's not the original purpose of the day, but alas. Anyways, I attended the Black Tie BBQ Cinco de Mayo secret supper last year at Oakland Cemetery and I really wanted to ensure that I went again this year. When I heard the tickets were going on sale April 1 at 9 AM, I figured I should be at the website at that time to make sure I got a ticket. I did that and was quite glad I did because the tickets sold out in 5 minutes.

This year, the secret supper was held at the Cyclorama (yet another location about the Civil War), adjacent to the zoo. I haven't been to the Cyclorama since elementary school and I'll have to go back when it's open for business. The set up was really nice. As appetizers, there was shrimp, crab cakes and a strawberry gazpacho with mint pesto. It was buffet style and we could make tacos with beef, goat, pork or chicken.  I had beef and pork tacos.  There were three salsas: corn, pico, and pineapple. The guacamole was quite delicious and fresh... that's big for me, since I don't usually like it. The music was really good, the food was delicious and the ambiance was superb. I thought it was pretty neat that Patron was a sponsor and there were multiple margaritas to try... I didn't because I'm allergic to citrus. I did try the White Russian though, it was quite good. I've attached some pictures after the jump.





             



                                


No comments: