Friday, May 11, 2012

Bye Bye Braces (for real this time...)

One of the last pictures of me
with braces.
On Wednesday, I had what I hoped would be my last day with braces. If you've been reading some of my posts, I had a previous one where I hoped I'd be getting my braces off. Instead, I got new hooks and more bands. Well, this time, my orthodontist said I could get my braces off. You'd think I would have been extra excited. I was excited, but I just knew one of my previously crooked teeth had moved. I'm still not so sure that it hasn't. I've been asking people to look, don't be surprised if I ask you.

Anyways, I got sentimental too because my braces have been a part of my smile for the past year and a half. I actually began to smile more when I got my braces, I'm not sure why. My teeth weren't really that crooked. 

As much as I've been taking pictures of things, I almost forgot to take pictures of the last moments of myself with braces... Although I miss them, we had some good times together and I won't miss the pain of tightening them and changing my bands... Now I have a new pain though, ensuring that I wear my retainers. Since I made such an investment in my teeth, I need to wear it all the time. I'm concerned about my teeth moving and me wasting my money, so I plan on wearing my retainers as much as possible. It's such a hassle to take them out, especially the bottom, that I think they'll reduce all the unnecessary snacking and all the cokes that I like to drink. Well, now I have straight teeth and I like them. More smiles are in my future!! Pictures after the jump!



                  

No comments: