Saturday, June 16, 2012

On the Run Again...

I've been saying I'm going to run, I'm going to run, I'm going to run.  Well, today was the second attempt at starting back.  I went back to hilly Stone Mountain and ran with two of my sorority sisters/friends.  We always have fun catching up and chatting, though I can't talk too much because it seems to tire me out a bit.  Honestly, I don't like running right now, but I like how I feel after I run.  I get that sense of accomplishment because I never thought I'd ever run anywhere, unless I'm running from something... and I will run from something, ask my co-worker that I almost left when I thought they were shooting at Screen on the Green last year.  I digress.



So today, my friend A, was determined my force me to run 3 miles.  I so appreciate her motivation because I usually would say, "I'm tired, I need to walk."  I mean it, I really appreciate her.  F is great to run with too because I love catching up with her and hearing about her kids.  Before I got there, they did the entire loop (5 miles) and then they were going to do it again, including me.  Stone Mountain is hilly and I've just gotten to where I can bike up that huge hill (it should have some horrible name).

We ran about 2.75 miles and walked about 2.25 so I guess I did ok. I definitely wanted to stop, but I ran farther than I expected.  I will say that my Brooks Adrenalines are great shoes.  I've said it before, but I definitely recommend that if you want to run, you get fitted for shoes.  I went to Big Peach, but there are multiple stores to choose from.

More reasons I want to run is for my health, the accomplishment, the experiences and the swag!!!  I have my eye on a few runs that I'm interested in doing:

No comments: