Monday, March 12, 2012

Delving into Art

Art has always been a passion of mine.  I think if I wasn't told I'd be a starving artist, I would have chosen art for a career. Or, I would've been a hairstylist... Both are art, but I think the artist fits my personality better.  I admire people that choose whatever career they want because it's their passion. For the past few years, I've tried to find a constructive way to occupy my time. Sometimes, when I discover (or rediscover) something new, I tend to go a bit overboard. This time wasn't an exception.




I began going to these BYOB painting places in 2010 and since then, I've done close to 20 pictures. I had to slow my roll (so cliche) because I was running out of space. I gave some pictures to my parents, but I was still running out of room. People don't appreciate my art as gifts... I mean it's hard work, but whatever. Ungrateful people, ha!!  My favorite paintings is a lady with a martini (yum!).  I wonder what kind of martini she's drinking? Whatever it is, I'll take one. Or two. Radioactive Rho maybe? Heh. I've done a few flowers, some shoes, some more ladies, a fleur de lis, Buzz, some birds and some abstract stuff. I knew this already, but I'm really anal about my pictures and sometimes that takes the fun out of the fun times.

Once I had my fill of the painting on canvas, I moved on to painting pottery. I have to keep telling people that I wasn't doing "Ghost" pottery. (Everyone thinks of that scene, don't pretend that you don't.) I paint preformed pottery. I began with some kind of knick knack vase/junk holder.  I was trying to pick a practical piece. Clearly a trend that I have is pink and purple.  Purple is my favorite color... I try to incorporate it in most 81.12% of my items... I have done a few mugs, a beer stein, some bowls, some scrubbies (sponge/steel wool holders), a spoon holder for the stove, a divot trivet and some coasters.  My favorite is the mixing bowl to the right. I can mix my cake(s) and other pastries in style. (I'm delving into cooking too.)


I haven't really done any other art. I took a knitting class... took a break for a week and tried to pick it up again yesterday. Needless to say, that was a fail. I tried watching youtube videos and I still couldn't pick up the pattern again. I'll try the youtube videos again.  This is as far as I got. I really want to remember the stitches so that I can finish the beginnings of a scarf... I had a banging idea of what I could do with my knitted masterpieces. Older women aren't the only ones who knit. Rho knits too (see how I said that?) and her creations will be fabulous.

No comments: