Sunday, March 25, 2012

I'm a Glutton for Punishment (for a Good Cause)...

So you know (my fave phrase) I've been on a healthy for life kick right?  In case you didn't read my other posts, I am.  It's been a bit of an uphill struggle for me. I've been trying to exercise regularly, but my eating habits... not so hot.  I have a 5K next month, a 37 mile ride in May, a beginner's triathlon in June and a 10K in July.  I've been doing the absolute most by signing up for all these activities... heh heh. The. Most.  I've been thinking I need to get on the ball to train so I won't embarrass myself.



So yesterday, I did something I never do.  I went to the gym on Saturday to attend the Bootcamp Conditioning class, that I  receive a reminder for every week.  The class was torture, but the good kind.  The instructor had multiple stations set up and wouldn't let anyone take any kind of break.  People were even snitching on others in the class -_-.  Seriously, who tattles in an exercise class?!  So after class, my legs and arms were hurting.  My legs still hurt today.

Today, I went bike riding with a few of my coworkers... needless to say, I was in the back.  I'll blame it on my legs. Lol.  But seriously, the hills in conjunction with my legs made the ride quite interesting.  I will say I'm learning to use the gears on my bike a lot better.  I need to get to where I can transition without my gears clanging, I even got instruction on it.  The whole purpose of this ride was to train for the Tour de Cure ride I have coming up in May.  The Tour de Cure is a fundraiser to raise money for the American Diabetes Association and me being the overzealous person that I am, I signed up to ride 37 miles.  My thought process was, "biking is easier than running.  Ten isn't enough, let's do 37."  After the 14 miles we rode today, I'm laughing at my decision.  At least I met my fundraising goal of $500, I actually surpassed it and I'm quite proud of myself.  Sidebar:  I usually have a disdain for fundraising... I'll give, but I don't like asking people to give.  I don't know why I was so motivated, but I sent emails to a lot of people and surprisingly they gave.  Hopefully, by the time May gets here, I'll be ready for my 37 miles. Correction: I actually did like 17 miles. I forgot about the pre ride warm up.  If you'd like to donate to myself and my team, please visit, Rho's Tour de Cure Page.  All contributions are 100% tax deductible. I would definitely appreciate any contribution.

I need to start back running seriously and actually hit the pool.  Maybe I'll get on a treadmill this week, I've recently discovered they're actually useful.  I am looking forward to the benefits of the exercise... feeling better and looking better, as in being more toned.  Ahhhhhh, I can't wait.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! Keep it up champ :)