Sunday, March 11, 2012

I'm Back for the Third Time...

I keep saying that I'm going to be consistent with blogging, but I have yet to figure out what I want to blog about. Since I've last blogged, I've changed a smidge. I've started running, biking, gone natural, attempted to knit, become a make-up fanatic... the list goes on and on and on.

So the question remains, "what do I blog about?" I don't want to be boring -> this blogger's fear. So for today, I'll discuss my new athletic exploits.


Though I was always thin when I was younger (until late college and early career), I was never really in shape. I've always had the athletic shape, but seeing as I was lazy, I didn't participate in sports.  When I finally did, in eighth grade, track let me know I needed not try that again. I guess I just had good genes as far as that goes.  

Fast forward to 2011. After looking in the mirror and admitting to myself that I was waaaay heavier than I should be, I'm 5'2", and I was unhappy. I was tired of the hill going to my job whipping my behind on a daily basis and tired of my stomach looking like a doughnut.

I started walking with a friend and the I began running with one of my line sisters and at first it was downright torturous. I'll admit that I still can't run like I'd like to, but it's a start.  I began running with a run group from time to time and I definitely liked the changes I began to see.  I was losing weight, I was toning up and beginning to feel a lot better about my appearance. Then, I bought a bike with the help of one of my co-workers.  I've ridden my bike, though not enough, and find it to be quite rewarding and exhilarating.  

It began to get cold and needless to say, I hate the cold. The last 5k I did was in October and my calves began to pain me... I took a break for the winter. I started back going to spin class, step sculpt, and zumba. 

Now that's it's getting warm again, I want to go back outside. I've signed up for a 5k, 10k, 34 mile bike ride and a beginner's triathlon. I want my active lifestyle to be just that -- a lifestyle. I want to be healthier and for life. Along with being more healthy, I'll feel great and look great. Owwww!


1 comment:

Courtney said...

Yay Rhonda! Operation sexy Rho is under way!