Monday, March 26, 2012

The Unexpected

Have you ever thought about someone you haven't seen in years, I mean yeeeeears, and you see them in the least expected place? Well, that happened to me this morning. Needless to say, I was truly excited. (I'm blogging as I walk. Multitasking at its best!)

I was getting my standard sugar-free caramel latte with soy from The Bucks and walking back to the office when I heard my name. I was wondering who would be calling "Rho!" out of the blue. Lo and behold, it was a classmate from my first round of college that I haven't seen in at least 7 years. I was actually wondering how he was a few weeks ago.

I met his wife and he was telling me that he's in business for himself. I'm always proud of my peers when they do big things. You would've thought it was some unrequited love interest because I was grinning so hard, but I was genuinely happy to see him.

I have known him since 8th grade (I didn't like him when I first met him)... We spent hours upon hours studying for Calc III and other math classes I didn't need. Ahhhh, the good old days of college.

My whole point of this is to say, it's always nice to unexpectedly run into people that I haven't seen in a while. (Only people I want to see... some of y'all, I'm good.) As I get older, I treasure these moments more and more.

No comments: