Sunday, April 29, 2012

M•A•C Fashion Forward Trend Show




I know I previously said the lady didn't reserve my spot for the trend show, but I had to call back. Why? That's simple; I love make-up.  Make-up is really like art for your face. LOVE IT!! I think one of my dream jobs would be a make-up artist. I basically only use M•A•C, so when they have something I usually go. This time was no different. I got a 1 PM slot and I chose a look that was semi dramatic without me looking like I'm doing theee most.





There were four S(pring)S(ummer) 2012 Trends... see the picture to the top right.  I chose the Ore-Inspired look: Tan shades with a metallic edges have a preciousness and sophistication.  I kind of wanted a dramatic look, but decided against it.  I used to do smokey eye all the time, but I stopped because of the strange looks I used to get... I toned down my make up. Fail. As long as I don't look like a clown, I should be good.

I think my artist, Veronica, did a good job and I was happy at the end of my look.  I found some new colors to add to my M•A•C repertoire... the nude lipstick, Freckletone looked surprisingly nice on me... I was concerned how well it would look with my skin tone.

Some the make-up used 
Finishing my look
I took a lot of notes and wrote down everything she used to complete my look.  She used Matchmaster SPF 35 Foundation, which I currently use now.  She used 8.0 and I usually use 8.5, but she said that I should be able to use it for the summer. I have a tendency to think I need a darker foundation than I do... I also learned that I was using too much foundation... that's why I usually have to dab my face later. That and I need to use a powder to set my make-up too...

The products used on my face were:
  • Prep+Prime primer: helps to set make-up initially
  • Matchmaster 8.0 SPF 35 foundation: this is a liquid foundation that matches itself to your skin tone
    • add a little Strobe Cream to the foundation to create a dewy look 
  • Blot powder in Deep Dark
  • Groundwork Paint Pot on eyes: these can be used alone because they're colored, but they help to set eyeshadow, makes it last longer and emphasizes the color
  • Smolder eye kohl: intense black
  • Eyeshadows
    • Saddle: a matte golden orange brown added to the lid area *I like!!*
    • Embark: a matte intense reddish brown added to the crease area
    • Sweet Heat (Extra Dimension): a bright peach champagne added to the lash line *purchased*
  • A brow pencil which I didn't write down. 
  • False Lashes mascara: really emphasized my natural lashes
  • NW 40 concealer below the brow line to add highlight *thought this technique was pretty neat*
  • Blushes:
    • Blunt: a matte muted golden brown used as a bronzer to highlight my face
    • Coppertone: a matte peach brown pressed on my cheeks *I like!!*
  • Whisper of Guilt Extra Dimension Highlighter: light soft white with shimmery sheen *it was ok*
  • Cork Lip Pencil: muted golden brown *I like!!*
  • Freckletone Lipstick: neutral peach from the lustre line *purchased*
  • Black Tea Sheen Supreme Lipglass: deep brown with pearl *purchased*
Final look. Fabulous! 
I loved my final look and I hope to recreate it one day. It was metallically dramatic without being overly dramatic.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

any pics of the finished face??

Anonymous said...

sorry, i didn't click to read the whole post. pretty!

Rho said...

No problemo! Thanks Nada Jo!!