Sunday, April 29, 2012

Stone Mountain Trail

Near the Candler Park Area
Today we tried a new part of the Stone Mountain trail.  I was fascinated to learn that this trail actually starts in the city near Piedmont Avenue and runs all the way to Stone Mountain for a total of 19 miles.  We started at the Carter Center, rode to Decatur and rode back.

I want to start at Piedmont Avenue and ride to Stone Mountain one day. I also like this trail because a good bit of it is actually set up as a trail with divided lanes.  There were also other perks, once we got to Decatur, they had bike lanes and we stopped at DQ... ahhh ice cream. Near Ponce we rode through some sprinklers, wonderful and cooling on such a hot day... on the way back, I tried to dodge the sprinklers and scuffed my leg on my pedal. If it could happen, right?

We also stopped at an open house, we saw the signs on the way back... When I say the house was a-mazing... I would definitely say it's a dream house. Get this, the street its on is Tuxedo Avenue... it so fit!! The realtor said it was originally a 2 br, one story home and the current owners turned it into a 5br, 2 story home.  The kitchen area was nice and open, perfect for entertaining.  They also had a fabulous back yard, with a screened in back porch. And get this, they have installed a zip line in the backyard for their daughters! Fabulous! It is out of my price range at $650,000+, but one day I'd definitely like a house that nice.

No comments: