Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Pi Mile/Getting Fitted


Saturday morning, I did the Pi Mile at Georgia Tech. Leave it to a techie school to name a 5k after pi. Anyways, it was my first time participating and I genuinely had fun. It was nice seeing some of my sorority sisters that were running too.

Because I hadn't been running this winter, half training and my ankle had been hurting, I was wondering how my run would go... Surprisingly, it wasn't too painful. I ran for a good bit, but it was my improper breathing that got me. According to my sport band, it took me like 40 minutes to finish. Perhaps if I had run the whole thing at my initial pace, I would have finished in 30. I really want to get to where I run a 5k in 30 minutes and improve from there.




Are my eyes open?
I think I'm happy it's the
finish line.
When we finished, there was an awards ceremony, a smorgasbord or healthy snacks and a dry fit tee! I'll admit, I was very excited that the shirt wasn't a regular t-shirt.  I was able to get the picture of me as I was finishing the race... I was concentrating. LOL!!

I had been saying I was going to one of the local running stores, Big Peach Running Company, to get my feet analyzed so I could get some shoes that would provide proper cushioning for my runs. I already knew that I have extremely flat feet and I overpronate. What I didn't know was that when my feet strike the ground, the outside hits first. I assumed that it would be the inside of my feet. I also assumed that because my feet are flat, I'd need arch support. *shrug*

Brooks Adrenaline
I was really hoping I could find some cute Nikes that had enough support so that I could use my chip. What I found felt the best, out of the recommended shoes, was the Brooks Adrenaline. They're... somewhat cute. I'll chalk it up as they aren't for fashion, but to ensure I don't completely jack my feet. There's a little strap that can be attached to the laces to insert my chip, the lady says it makes the chip 3% more inaccurate. That's so negligible that I don't really care.

No comments: